Wednesday 1 April 2009

91/365 - Protest

Didn't see much G20 protesting in our little corner of the City but these 2 kept us amused for a few minutes. They were shouting slogans through cones although I was inside so couldn't hear what they were saying. When no one rushed over to arrest them they got bored and wandered off.

Practically I wasn't really effected by the protests. I caught the early train in the morning as a precaution and dressed down (not that I dress that "up" normally) but I don't think I really needed to do either. This evening there was some big protest on Bishopsgate but I don't normally walk along there on the way home and my usual route was uneffected.

The main way I have been effected is that I've become really fearful of getting my camera out in the City this week. You may notice that my shots so far this have been taken outside of London and today's was taken from the safety of my desk. I have probably taken a photo in London nearly every day for the last six months without fear but quite frankly this week I just daren't and that makes me sad.

See the rest of my photostream on flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment